Thursday, November 7, 2013

Seoul Yummy



My penchant for korean food only started after my visit to korea a few months back.
Gosh, how i miss there ;(
Totally love their beef & pork & of course Kimchi & topokki (korean rice cake)!!!
-----

-----
---
this is the interior, the floor kind of reflect what you really get to see in korea.
It's no always tiled like what we usually see in Sg.
Ohyes, they also have the authentic kind of cultery they used in korea too!
the skinny chopsticks & long spoons!! :)
-----
Popped by Bugis+ & we decided to head over to Seoul Yummy
At a glance, this is what we had~
----
the sides we served before the main food....
From left to right: Kimchi, tofu, peanuts, tofuskin( i guess), Ikan Bilis , raddish
Honestly, it looked better than what it actually tasted.
Only ate the kimchi... peanut felt too hard, ikan bilis has got a little burnt smell...oh wellz
Is it just me~ moving on

-----
Next, I got Spam Kimchi Ra-Myon $13.90
   
It has quite a few ingredients~
Seaweed, slices of hotdog & meat, egg, mushrooms, kimchi, topokki~
The soup was mid spicy but it taste a little odd in my opinion..
Not really sure how to describe how it taste. I was expecting it to taste more like kimchi soup base.
Hmm but it didn't really taste like kimchi, more of an acquired taste, it could be due to the many ingredients inside.
      But I was really pleased to discover there is topokki inside amist the many ingredients!
-----
It was honestly a very filling ra-myon~
You know how noodle actually puff up by absorbing the soup.
& I couldn't finish eating it~the eggs was too salty imo :(
it was harder than local boiled eggs but I understand that Korean eggs are somewhat like that too...
So I ended up eating only half of the egg :/
---

-----
S ordered Kimchi Fried Rice $13.90

I tried a spoonful of the rice & we both agreed that it was a little on bland/light side.
We were both expecting it to taste more kimchi-ish, but somehow the rice only capture the colour of the kimchi but not the flavour. (So if you can't take spicy food, this is actually a dish you can consider)
A little disappointed, but then again there is quite a few ingredients too, ranging from meat to prawns to sotong etc...felt the sotong was a little too soggy for my liking >.<


& us being too greedy we ordered a plate of Spicy Rice Cake ($6.90)
yumyum I love topokki!! it's like amazingg with the sweet spicy sauce *.*
It was served together with our main dish & when it is left in the open, the topokki can hardened a little.
So I suggest if you decide to order this, you might want to tell the waitress to serve this later.
We were quite happy that the staff heated it up for us at the end of the meal, thank you!
--

-----

Overall verdict, it's not a place I will visit any time soon, felt the food was kind of average.
But if I were to go again, I would probably order the steamboat style soup for 2. Seems like almost every other table had this combo..it looked pretty yummy too!
---
Personally I feel the pricing of the dishes in this restaurant is rather reasonable & also very accessible! :)
Considering the amount of ingredients they put inside the ra-myeon, it quite worth the price I paid.
I do like how the rice cake taste, chewy (but can be softer) with the sauce with a tad bit of spicyness!
& I think the decoration was rather carefully chosen, it may look like a simple layout but there is definitely some element of korean-ish feel to it!
This is definitely a place for the ravenous...(we were both really full after this dinner that we skipped desserts!)

-----------
Seoul Yummy 
Bugis+
201 Victoria Street #04-11



No comments:

Post a Comment