Friday, November 29, 2013

Plain Vanilla - Pop Up Store at Rockstar


Plain Vanilla Cupcakes

It's almost December!~ the jolly season to pamper yourself & the friends around you.
A season for giving and receiving.. oh the cliché
Forget about gift exchanges, pamper youself with pretty things
& you'll feel happier!
-----
Don't you just love this pretty Tiffany's Xmas tree?

-----
Well I'd love to have that turquoise box but you know i can only afford the brown box instead~
hahahahaa that's right, PV!

-----
 proudly presenting: My Box of Happiness :>

I've tried their cupcakes once pretty long ago at Holland Village...
Mange to find the only photo I took which is in 2012...
hahahahaa back then I wasn't such a foodie person, I remember it being really moist and I like how dark choc is not too sweet for the frosting!
But i think they don't sell this anymore, maybe the closest would be the dark choc ganche
 

but then again the prices of these cupcakes usually turn me off, no really I mean how's that $3.50 cupcake worth the price plus the fosting are usually too sweet for my liking
So I'll usually go for macaroons instead...
-----
But since PV has a pop-up store at Cine, I decided to give it a try again ^^
Not exactly the cheapest cupcake but I guess $3.50-$4.00 is the usual pricing, oh the inflation~
Decided to get one of their best-sellers and the Christmas special!
---
-----
i love strawberries & hummingbird.
I've tried Hummingbird cake at The Fabulous Baker Boy before & I fell in love with those...


First up, The Hummingbird ($3.90), it really looked very pretty!
Looks just like a sunflower petal awww!
But no, it's just a dried piece of pineapple slice that is so cleverly made to this!
---

Pic below credits to PV FB Page

man, I love this cupcake...
if you're a fan of carrot cake i guess you'll most likely like Hummingbird as well.
---
It has a mixture of lots of ingredients from the obvious: sliced pineapple, coconut, banana in a spiced cake with cream cheese frosting!
From PV website it also says it includes a dash of bourbon too!
---
I really like how it taste so rich & soft even in room temperature.
To be honest, some cupcakes only tatse good when they are served warm but for PV it still taste just as good in room temperature!
I can tell that they don't scrimp on their ingredients!
---
It was moist & soft, the frosting goes really well with the cupcake.
It wasn't too sweet and you can even feel a little coconut crunch texture as you bite,
I guess this is also one of the reason why hummingbird cupcake are so good.
& the fragrance of spice & banana...awesome!!

   
---
Next up, Strawberry White Chocolate ($3.50)
I was told by the staff that this is one of their hot seller
So naturally, I decided to give it a try~

This is one of the classic cupcakes you'll find.
If you have sweet tooth & doesn't mind strawberries then this is for you.
It's moist & sweet perfect for your girlfriends~
It's like one of the cupcakes that never goes wrong
I like how it has a real strawberry embedded  right in the middle~
 it was a sweet berry too!  yum yum.
A really simple & satisfying cupcake indeed
---

----
Overall: PV Cupcakesare really worth your calories
Definitely will come back to try more flavors, hands down!
Anyways here is wishing you all a 


x Till then x

Pop Up Store at Rockstar: Now till 24 Dec '13
Holland Village  •  34A Lorong Mambong, Singapore 277691
1D Yong Siak Street, Singapore 168641



No comments:

Post a Comment