Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lola Cafe


LOLA CAFE

Met up with my sec school pals for some dinner!! :D
Tucked in the vinicity of Kovan, you find Lola Cafe (it is pretty near to Ice Edge Cafe, if you are wondering where is it really at)
Please pardon the pictures below, it was 7pm-ish so you now bad lightning & the cafe was dimly lit too~

   
Sitting at the couch waiting for our seats

& If you are wondering what they served for dinner, here is the menu!
There is also a brunch menu which serves the all-day-breakfasts kinda food!

At a glance~ (ughh blurry pics) there's the burger on the top 


-----
So X & H got the Spicy Grilled Chicken Burger ($14)

Here is the close-up, it's quite a big burger imo!
If you're really hungry, it's definitely one of the options you can choose to fill your tummy.
I like puffy burger, like really fat and thick! I mean we don;t usually see those at supermarkets do we? 
Anyway there's the spicy chicken patty, cheese, sliced tomatoes, lettuces and sauce inside~
My friend said that it was rather average & she won't try it again.
Tried a mouth myself, a little spicy but not memorable for me :)
\
-----
Next, B & S got the Pan Fried Duck Leg with Creamy Mash($16)
the verdict from my friends: portion is a little small, but the meat is relatively tender as well,
I think it's pretty descent and yummy coming out from someone who doesn't like to eat duck much! If you're looking for something light to eat, try this!
It's Duck leg so it's the more tender meat! & it lays atop of a patch of mashed potatoes whoaa
This is more of the fine dinning ind of dinner I would say, nicely presented but small portion!
---

& I got the Slow Braised Pork Goulash ($13)
I honestly think this is quite awesome!
Okay so I googled what is goulash & it is bascially a stew mixed with a couple of spices.
& it taste somewhat like curry/ naan kinda flavour
Really flavourful with chunks of meat (no bones at all) & some tomatoes, capcium!!
Best part of it, it is served with sliced french baguette!!
Onommonmm!! :D I thought I couldn't finish the stew, but i dipped & spooned & quite surprised to finish the pot! :o

   
Sorry for the weird colour below, it's just the currry kinda colour if you know what I mean!
the picture really don't do justice for this dish!
      
Love the big sppon, scoop up all da meat!!!


  
Dip it & eat it together with the chunky and tender meat~ mmhmm

---
We also ordered a side of Truffle Fries ($12)
Well I am quite a fan of fries, i like how it is evenly fried, not too soggy heh
but one thing I don't really like about this is that it kind of smell too cheesy for me.
Like I like how truffle fries are, but look at the chessy flakes on it.
I don't quite like it cause it kind of cover the smell of the "truffle", okay more like when you first put it in your mouth you'll think it's some cheese fries but after awhile then you get the truffle smell.
I still prefer skinny pizza version of truffle fries thouguh, but the portion is quite big, which is pretty suitable for us ( a group of 5). ^^ value for money! yay
---

   
-----
Here is one of their famous lemon tart I think!
   

-----
A pity that we were too full to have our dessert, blehh.
We even choose what we were all having when we were waiting outside the cafe! Boo
 My recommendation: if you are thinking of having dinner here, skip the fries, eat the desserts after your main!
If not you'll really be too full to have any more sweets!
---
This will be my list of come-back cafes!
The staffs are pretty friendly imo, didn't get here name, but she gave me a brief intro on all the desserts they serve!
Really patient and you just gotta raise your hand for the bottle of water to be served!
& best part? the price is already inclusive of GST!! WHOOHOO!!
;D uh huh, good for brunch/ high tea and dinner small or big group is welcomed :D

-----

Lola Cafe
5 Simon Road
Tue:3pm to 11:30pm
Wed & Thur: 10am to 11:30am
Fri to Sun: 10am to 12midnight


No comments:

Post a Comment