Tuesday, November 5, 2013

BREAD SOCIETY



I love to eat breads. I mean chewy breads! Life's simple pleasure! 
Especially eating in the morning for breaksfast
Ion has opened a new bakery, called Bread Society!
It's a little pricey but considering it's location and the array of varieties
I decided to give it a try.
-----
P/s why did Provenence closed at Ion? I love them...

First Up, is the Masala Naan ($1.90)
Sorry no picture of this but the lightning was kinda bad so I decided to just enjoy my food hehehe
this is good!! There's a generous portion of chickpea/ or garbanzo beans (always mixing these 2 up).
& the bread was so chewyyyy (*.*)y yayyyy & it can make you real filling! the beans and the carbs
Oh yes, for the naan, I ate them straight after I bought it, no wonder it taste so fresh! hehehe
-----
Second, Chocolate Pistachio Pretzel ($1.80)
Okay so I am quite a fan of Auntie Annie's Pretzel & after eating the one at Bread Society, 
I still prefer the good old trusty Aunty Annie. Well, the one they sold here was not as soft/ chewy as how i expected it to be :(  could be the fact that I eat this after a day I bought.... 


But of course, it still has it's good point like how it is coated with chocolate part.
I love the idea of choc + pretzel! & it looked really prettyy right?!
I should try eating (like immediately after buying them start chewing it ) this again & not leaving it till the next morning to eat them. rn.

-----
Third, is the Strawberry Croissant ($3.50)
Honestly, I was attracted to how pretty it looked despite the crazy price! 
        


I am a fan of strawberry & this is quite heavy! (literally, for a bread) I mean like when i took the tongs to put this on the tray I was quite surprised by the weight of this croissant, I mean usually croissant is quite light right?
& look the cross section of the croissant!! Really thick layer!
Honestly felt the crossiant was pretty good on it's own!
No wonder it's priced at $3.50! No regrets (i will wait for the stawberry season to purhase them agin!)
I love the yellow cream, i am guessing it's heavy cream yummyumm

& I did it again, took 2 days before I actually ate them so the berries was a little sour :(
(as you can see I didn't eat the berries...above)
My fault again ughhh  if this was freshly eaten, I think It will taste quite really good!!
Maybe they should have some signage to inform customers like me that
"It is best consumed within a day" or sorts!
-----
Last of all Cinnamon Roll ($1.80)
Yayyy heated it up before eating. Well it was quite average, hoping it to be really cinnamon-ish 
But it was 3 out of 5 cinnamon taste. oh well, am quite a picky eater. I miss the old cinnimon roll that used to sell really good cinnamon rolls at 313 Somerset basement, years ago :(

-----
Overall a place I will still visit when I feel like splurging on bread, & this time so gonna eat them right away!! 
Good for quick lunch fix or sorts, there is really a lot of yummy looking breads there!!
So much variety to choose from I will definitely blog again if I visit this bakery.
So gonna try their blueberry croissant next time!

Till then.

Bread Society
2 Orchard Turn #B4-08 (Ion)
Mon to Thur: 7:30am to 10:30am
Fri,Sat,Sun: 7:30am to 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment